Frequently Asked Questions
Top 10 Most Frequently Asked Questions.
- Do You Have To Be At Least 55 Years Old With At Least 20 Years Of Continuous Service In The Plan In Order To Be Eligible For Health Care Benefits In Retirement? 12101 views
- What Will The Premiums Be For The New Heath Care Plan For Retirees And Dependents? 8123 views
- How Do I Figure Out How Much My Pension Will Be? 8003 views
- How Are Pension Benefits Paid For? 6027 views
- Death Of The Retiree And Or Surviving Spouse What Do Family Members Need To Do? 5335 views
- What Kind Of Health Insurance Is Available To Pensioners? 4681 views
- Who Is Eligible For The Dental Plan? 244 views
- Are My Dependents Eligible For Coverage? 234 views
- Are Retirement Benefits Taxable? 223 views
- If I Select An HMO Who Will Administer My Prescription Drug Plan? 187 views
- Are retirement benefits taxable?
- Are the unions involved when changes are made to my health care benefits?
- Can a retiree provide something for a surviving spouse after his or her death?
- Can deductions be made from a pension?
- Can I see an example of a survivorship option calculation?
- Can I see an example of the calculation?
- Can loans be made from the plan?
- Can you provide more specifics about when a participant becomes pension eligible?
- Death of the retiree and or surviving spouse what do family members need to do?
- Do I have an option regarding participation in the plan?
- Do you have to be at least 55 years old with at least 20 years of continuous service in the plan in order to be eligible for health care benefits in retirement?
- Freedom of information act retirement plan?
- How are pension benefits paid for?
- How does a survivorship option work?
- How do I apply for retirement benefits?
- How do I figure out how much my pension will be?
- How do I go about retiring?
- How is a disability allowance figured?
- How is a vested pension calculated?
- How is the pre retirement survivorship option figured?
- How much do I receive when I retire?
- How was the retiree health care trust created?
- How will my pension be reduced if I choose a survivorship option?
- Is it true that changes have been made regarding how my benefits are managed?
- Is there an age requirement for retirement?
- Is there any maximum pension amount?
- What benefits does the plan provide?
- What happens when an employee leaves the authority before the employee is eligible to retire?
- What if an employee becomes disabled?
- What if an employee who has not retired dies before retirement?
- What is deferred vesting and how does it work?
- What is the purpose of the plan?
- What kind of health insurance is available to pensioners?
- What kinds of survivorship options are there?
- What will the premiums be for the new heath care plan for retirees and dependents?
- When will my benefits and premiums change?
- Who are eligible retirement plan participants?
Enrollment and Eligibility
- Are my dependents eligible for coverage?
- Can I opt out of health care coverage?
- How long can I keep my dependent children on my healthcare plan?
- If I choose not to retire on or before july 1 2016 and I later decide to retire before I turn 55 when am I eligible for healthcare benefits from the rhct?
- I have worked a lot of overtime in the last 5 7 years can I count those extra hours towards my eligibility service for rhct benefits?
- Is there a deadline for me to enroll?
- What does eligibility service mean with respect to the rhct?
- What effect will the matthews case have on the retirement plan and the retiree health care trust?
- What happens after I send in my enrollment form?
- When are the open enrollment meetings?
- When can I change my health care elections?
- When is open enrollment?
- Where do I send my forms?
- Who can I enroll for health care benefits?
- Who should I call if I have questions about my health care benefits?
- Why do I have to enroll to receive health care benefits?
- Why do I have to provide documentation?
Medical Plan - General
- Am I getting new medical id cards?
- Freedom of information act retirement healthcare trust?
- How much premium should I expect to pay?
- If the cta rhct offers more than one medical plan how do they differ?
- What medical plans will be available?
- What will my monthly contribution requirement be to continue coverage?
- Why do I have to pay a premium for my healthcare?
Medical Plan (HMO)
- If I have dependent coverage and I am enrolled in the hmo do my dependents have to be enrolled in the hmo as well?
- If I select the hmo option will I be able to get medical treatment or services outside of illinois?
- If I want family coverage and enroll in the hmo do my dependents have to enroll in the hmo?
- Who is the hmo network provider?
Medical Plan (PPO)
- Am I required to pay a copayment for emergency room services under the ppo plan?
- Does the ppo plan include a physical examination benefit?
- Do I have to meet a deductible under the ppo plan?
- Have any changes been made to the ppo option?
- If I have dependent coverage and I am enrolled in the ppo do my dependents have to be enrolled in the ppo as well?
- If I want family coverage and enroll in the ppo do my dependents have to enroll in the ppo too?
- What happens if I reach or exceed my lifetime maximum for medical coverage?
- Who is the ppo network provider?
- Will I be able to keep my own doctors?
Prescription Drug Benefits
- How do I use the mail order service?
- How much more am I going to pay out of pocket for my prescription drugs?
- If I select an hmo who will administer my prescription drug plan?
- If I select the ppo who will administer my prescription drug plan?
- Where do I get forms for the mail order service?
- Will I be able to select a prescription drug plan?
★ indicates an updated in the last 60 days.